HOW I GOT INTO BLOGGING




I often see people posting pictures in social media and running their blog for the wrong reasons (I'm sure you can guess what they are without me going any further..) and wondered about my incentive for blogging and running an Instagram account. So here we are, July 2018 and my honest reasons why I blog!

First of all, growing up I had no other hobbies than art - I loved painting, sketching, acting, singing and I even played the piano. I was into high fashion and often, just for fun, tried drawing magazine illustrations and editorials onto a blank page. They didn't always come out great (hence switching to photography and not professional sketching career if there's such a thing) but I would spend a lot of time focusing on high fashion imagery and get influenced by the cool fashion models. I just loved it!

That's where I developed interest for fashion and also modelling. 





I remember when Facebook was a fresh new thing and I only had around 5 friends on my friend list, I would post photo albums of myself posing to the camera. My friends would take pictures of me or at times I would even use self-timer on my camera to get some cool shots to then post on social media. It was never there to gain popularity or get something out of it, I just simply enjoyed doing it!

It actually sounds pretty similar to what I'm doing now, but instead of using Facebook iI now use Instagram and my blog.

When I look back, I would have probably considered going down a modelling path only if I was the right size for it. 


I have always been slightly chubbier than my girlfriends, and not that I have ever really cared about it but there was no plus-size modelling agencies and no one would even consider such a thing back then. I didn't grow up seeing Ashley Graham slaying on the magazine covers so modelling wasn't even an option in my head! 

Not only has the industry changed (yeeey for that!!) but also Instagram and blogging has come into the picture as a fresh new breeze blowing away all the old conceptions. Girls like me, who are confident and yet not fit to one shape or size can now create their own platform and create content just as good as that we see in glossy magazines. 

It's made me even more excited because it allows me to do what I love and have always loved. It's a very freeing feeling when you can truly dedicate yourself to a hobby that isn't something you need to hide anymore. Posting editorial-like pictures to a public page is no longer something to hide, and it's empowering. 





SaveSave

What's your opinion?

@instagram