WHEN THINGS DON'T GO TO PLAN



Last week I was supposed to fly out to Spain and see my friend in Valencia, sadly it never happened because of some life complications that got thrown in my face lastminute.com 
I was, of course, extremely upset and didn't know what to do with myself for a few days. I had planned to be on a holiday after all, so I had NOTHING to do - no plans, no work, no fun. 




Things happen, I'm okay now, ready to plan my next trip and hopefully never experience the same circumstances again! It did make me think of how we feel as people when THINGS DON'T GO TO PLAN.



We all have some sort of plan in action. We all plan our free time and know when to see a movie with a friend. We plan and book our time off way in advance. Some of us even plan our meals!

Wouldn't it just be awesome if it all went to plan every single time?

But hey, surprise! This is life and it's not as easy as it looks! Remembering the quote "It is not what happens to you, it's how you react to it" that we should all live by.




Even before I knew of this quite I was always aware of the fact that life simply happens and no plan can ever be there to put us in control over it. Our reaction to even the smallest aspects of our every day life makes a huge difference! Why be angry when you can shift your focus and see the situation from a different angle? Why cry if you know it won't matter in 5 years time, and why stress about something you cannot affect?

It's so simple yet so incredibly difficult.
WORKING WITH YOURSELF.


It takes a cool-headed moment for yourself to be able to simmer down any negative emotions when things don't go to plan. That is when you can truly see your options and so many doors will open for you! Whichever you want to take is up to you!







On that note I will end the post here.
I will see you next time!

Alise x

OOTD:
Straw Hat with Chin Tie
Leopard Print Warp Skirt
Crop Top with Lettuce hem



SaveSave

What's your opinion?

  1. "It is now what happens to you, it's how you react to it". You obviously meant here, It is not what happens to you, ...

    "It's so simple yet so incredibly difficult." Think empowerment and pick only one which empowers you most.

    You have now turned any negative emotions to positive vibes sharing your thoughts and feelings in this beautiful post!

    Talk soon.
    Superman

    ReplyDelete

@instagram